It can literally cost you nothing to give hundreds of dollars to the school! By making an Arizona Tax Credit Contribution to Acorn Montessori Charter School your tax dollars go directly to our extracurricular, character and moral building programs. It allows you to receive a dollar-for-dollar*, reduction in the amount you pay in taxes to the state for the amount of your donation. This is a tax credit, not a deduction, so the full amount is subtracted from what you owe in Arizona income tax. It costs you nothing!
How it works:
- You can contribute up to $200 for individuals/$400 for married couples filing jointly. At the end of the year you will receive a statement from the school acknowledging the contribution and its eligibility for the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit program.
- Claim the tax credit when you file your state income taxes. For example, if you owe $500 in state taxes and you contributed $200, you would only owe $300 in state taxes. If your tax liability to the state is less than the amount you contributed, you can carry the unused amount of credit over to future returns.
- Tax credit contributions must be received by December 31st. All contributions are reported to the State of Arizona and all contributors will receive a contribution receipt, from Acorn, for tax purposes.
* Consult a professional tax consultant for further information.
* Cash or check contributions only! No donations of goods or services accepted.
YES, I would like to contribute too the Acorn Montessori School TAX CREDIT PROGRAM.
Click here to download form >>