Acorn Montessori Charter School is searching for highly qualified teaching assistants that can sub in various classrooms ranging from Kindergarten – 8th grade! Paraprofessionals will need to embrace flexibility! We are looking for assistants that can support classrooms during this unprecedented time and are able to be open to working in a variety of settings and with varying age groups. These paraprofessionals will essentially be full-time substitutes that will cover shifts in different classrooms depending on the need of students and staff.
Acorn Montessori Charter School offers a low student-to-teacher ratio and is a blended program utilizing Montessori principles including hands-on small-group instruction combined with standards-aligned curriculum. Acorn Montessori Charter School prides itself on supporting teachers throughout their professional careers.
- Must have IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Highly Qualified Certificate or 60 college credits
- classroom management skills
- positive attitude
- team player
- experience working with children
Salary & Benefits:
Hourly Pay – $13.50-$15.00/hour depending on certifications and experience
Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, 403b (3% employee match)
Acorn Montessori Charter School and Acorn Christian Montessori School are seeking applicants for the following positions;
- Lead Teachers
To apply email resume to Kendal Healey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acorn Montessori Charter School started serving students for the 2001-2002 school year. Beginning with approximately 45 students that first year, we have experienced tremendous growth resulting in our current student population of 500.
- During our years of operations, we have added two buildings to our original campus and added a second campus during the 2007-2008 school year.
Who We Are
- Acorn Montessori Charter School understands and serves the needs of the “Whole Child.” Acorn’s approach of linking outstanding educational methods with models for a cooperative respectful way of life is an important element of education. Each classroom represents a structured miniature learning society where the values of harmony, respect, independence, learning, and unity are given the opportunity to blossom and grow. Acorn believes that students work best in small interactive groups.
- Acorn offers a structured, blend of Common Core, Traditional Highly Qualified staff and Montessori Philosophy. Our primary goal is to help each child reach their full potential. Montessori activities promote academic and social growth. Our curriculum and materials are research-based, and student achievement is measured during the school year by scientific data produced by Galileo benchmark assessments. Achievement is measured annually by standardized testing.
- Acorn and each staff member embraces accountability for student success. Planning, monitoring, evaluating effectiveness, and making necessary adjustments are standards upon which we operate. Our uniquely prepared classrooms offer a wealth of learning materials, and our instructors provide necessary resources, including opportunities for children to function in a safe and positive climate.
- Acorn is a state-approved and state-funded Charter School serving students in grades K through 8th. We also receive funding from the United States Department of Education.
- Acorn participates in the National School Lunch Program serving two outstanding home-cooked meals daily including breakfast, lunch, and snack.
- Acorn is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Prescott Valley Chamber of Commerce.
- Acorn offers a before school program, while also coordinating a partnership with the Boys and Girls Club. We try to serve the needs of our students’ families.
- Acorn Staff and Students benefit from your support. The greatest gift you can give your child is your time, please give generously!
- The Montessori Method fosters a deep appreciation for knowledge, learning and humanity.
- To instill a love of knowledge for the next generation by providing a high quality education and learning experience at Acorn.
- To provide children the experience for developing self-discipline, virtues, and life-skills to succeed throughout their learning years and to transition into adulthood.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Your tax deferred contribution can begin immediately.
- After one year of employment, Acorn matches dollar for dollar of your deferrals up to 3% of pay.
- Cigna Medical Insurance
- Guardian Dental & Delta Vision Insurance
- UNUM Life Insurance
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Pay
- On-site Childcare
- Small town environment with a sense of community
- Family oriented activities
- Low traffic levels and quick access to shopping and services
- Low crime rates
- Wonderful climate and natural beauty
- Close proximity to national forests, national parks, and numerous outdoor activities
Why Join Acorn
- Low teacher-to-student ratio
- Beautiful learning environments
- Well-equipped classrooms
- Complimentary combination of traditional national standards blended with Montessori tactile hands-on learning materials
- Consideration of Your Personal Needs and Life Situations
- Flexible Schedule
- Ongoing professional development
- Chromebooks in all work areas
- Foreign Language
- Art, Music and P.E.
- Administration that supports teachers and their efforts to bring
knowledge and culture to the classroom